Fountain Valley Heater Repair & Installation
Delivering Home Comfort to Orange County Since the 1980s
Those in Chicago or New York might make fun of us for complaining during the winter, but we know how quickly the temperatures can drop at night here in Orange County, and you shouldn’t have to go without your heating system for any longer than you have already. This is why Coast Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc. delivers 24/7 emergency heater repair in Fountain Valley.
For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing our friends and neighbors award-winning heater repair, maintenance, and installation services. Our team is not happy with our work unless you are.
Signs of Poor Heater Performance
Ideally, you’re able to catch deteriorations in your heating system before it crashes entirely, and you’re left to the mercy of the unforgiving cold. Of course, our team will be there for you to perform a repair, but having your system serviced by a professional beforehand can save you time and money.
Call our Fountain Valley heater repair technicians if you experience the following:
- Increased energy bills
- Dry, dusty air
- Burning or mold smells
- Air not as warm as it should be
- Frequent turning off and on
- Uneven distribution of air
Each of these signs could be related to a different cause, but attempting to fix your system on your own could leave you with an even worse performing heater, and an even higher cost of repair. Our professionals have seen it all in our 35 years of business, and we’ll always have your solution.
What Is the Lifespan of a Typical Heating System?
The lifespan of a heating system depends on how well it's taken care of, how much it's used, and the type of system. Normally, if you keep furnaces and boilers in good shape, they can last 15-30 years, and heat pumps might go for 10-20 years. Regular maintenance and prompt repairs can make these systems last even longer.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heating Unit?
While it is true that repairs tend to be cheaper than full system replacement, it may not be the most advisable option.
Some factors to consider when you're deciding whether to repair or replace your heater include:
- The age of your unit: While heating systems are designed to be reliable, they will not last forever. The average lifespan of a heater ranges anywhere from 15 to 20 years. However, as your unit ages, it will experience normal wear and tear that renders it less efficient than it once was. Additionally, older units tend to breakdown more frequently, needing more repairs and fixes that tend to be more expensive.
- The energy efficiency of your unit: As mentioned above, your unit will lose energy efficiency as it ages. Soon, it will require more and more energy to provide you with the same amount of heat. Before long, it will make more sense to invest in a new unit than to continue utilizing an inefficient heater.
- The amount you spend on energy bills: When your unit loses efficiency, it will start to cost more to operate it. This is because it will require more and more energy to keep up with your heating demands. Rather than shell out the money on an underperforming unit, invest in one that will require less energy to operate.
- The amount of repairs you need: As heaters age, they are more prone to breakdowns. If you've had to repair your unit frequently, it may make more financial sense to replace your heater rather than continually repairing it. A good rule of thumb is to replace your unit when the cost to repair it is 50% or more the price of a new unit.
- The quality of the heat it provides: Not only does your heater lose efficiency as it ages, but it also loses effectiveness. If you've noticed that your current unit cannot keep up with the set temperature or some rooms of your home are colder than others, it is probably time to give us a call for heater replacement in Fountain Valley.
- The air in your home is dustier: If you've been sneezing or coughing more often than usual, it could be that your indoor air quality is being negatively impacted by an aging heater. If you've recently had your filter cleaned or replaced, and the air is still noticeably dusty, it's time for us to install a new unit.
Complete Heating Services
Our team undoubtedly has your heating solution – whether it’s a small repair or you’re looking to replace your old system with a new, more efficient one. However, many of our customers benefit greatly from regular, seasonal tune-ups of their systems.
Get the most out of your heater with the following, seasonal tune-up procedures:
- Inspection of furnace equipment
- Inspection/ replacement of filter
- Thermostat testing
- Cycling of equipment
- Measuring temperature supply
- Making recommendations for future care
The Fountain Valley heater repair technicians at Coast Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc. are committed to providing our clients with everything you need in order to maintain a safe and comfortable home – the best way to ensure this and save yourself unnecessary hassle is to allow for regular, seasonal maintenance.
“Great Staff!” - Christine
“I was so happy with the quick response to my plumbing issue.” - Anne
“If you want great service, call Coast Plumbing, Heating & Air!” - Ron T.